Did you know? It is possible to modify a child support, spousal support, or child custody decree in the years following a court order. However, it is not necessarily an easy process, and it doesn’t happen automatically. It is important to work with a lawyer who can explain your options and guide you through the legal process.

When Is a Modification Appropriate or Necessary?

Modifications of a divorce decree may be warranted and necessary when life circumstances change significantly. For example, it may be necessary to modify child support if the parent who pays child support suddenly loses his or her job. Similarly, if an ex-spouse who is receiving spousal support remarries, it may be necessary to terminate spousal support.

If you have experienced a significant change in circumstances and wish to discuss these changes with a family law attorney, I urge you to contact my law office. I am Kevin Rehl, an Oklahoma City divorce modification attorney who represents clients throughout the state. I can help you pursue a modification of any of the following:

When pursuing a modification of a divorce decree, it is necessary to show that your life circumstances have changed significantly — to the point of making it difficult or impossible to meet your current obligations. Job loss, change in income, change in the needs of a child, or other life changes may all warrant modifications.

Contact a Edmond & Yukon Child Support Modification Attorney

To seek a child support, spousal support, or child custody modification — or to object to proposed changes — please call 405-926-3369 or contact me online today. Evening, weekend and off-site appointments are available by request. Spanish language interpretation is available.

Office Locations

Mustang Office
925 West State Hwy 152
Mustang, OK 73064
Map and Directions
Oklahoma City
3020 NW 149th St
Oklahoma City, OK 73134
Map and Directions
Oklahoma City Office 2
4141 NW Expressway
Suite 360
Oklahoma City, OK 73116
Map and Directions